Home Page

Powered By

Layout Design:
Blogs Gone Wild!

Powered by Blogger

From country to city, From farm to fireworks…Through marriage & children, Through employment & ownership, Life continues to be an amazing journey…

Tuesday, February 21

George Bush Vows To Veto Any Bill Hindering UAE Port Deal


Video Sharing at DropShots.com



I must admit, I’m scratching my head a bit over the apparent impending sale of 6 USA ports to a company based in the United Arab Emirates. Our President, George Bush vows to veto any bill attempting to stop his deal from going through. Upon first hearing this news, I was frightened to think that we as a nation would allow anything so seemingly dangerous to happen. And, if put to a vote by the American people, I believe I would vote No. However, after further study and listening intently to lots of news coverage, it turns out that almost NONE of America’s ports are actually owned by American companies. Foreign companies have been owning and running our ports for years, while port security is commonly handled by the USA.

I believe in our system, and I believe that our President, whoever that may be he, knows more about the intricacies of the situation than you or I do. Therefore, I’m standing on this ground for now. The UAE has been an invaluable ally of the USA for many years. Like it or not, we must have alliances with Middle Eastern moderates in order to continue to wage and / or win our war on terrorism abroad. I also believe my Daddy…“Keep your friends and family close, keep your enemies closer.” Think about it, this company, Dubai Ports World will be forever under intense scrutiny by the Dept. of Homeland Security. If anything, it will give us a broader base in which to legally keep an eye on them, and anyone associated with them. I sincerely hope I never eat these words.

0 comments: