Home Page

Powered By

Layout Design:
Blogs Gone Wild!

Powered by Blogger

From country to city, From farm to fireworks…Through marriage & children, Through employment & ownership, Life continues to be an amazing journey…

Tuesday, March 7

Pulling My Hair Out Less




Office update: I’m pulling my hair out a little less each day. I spent 14 freaking hours Sunday cleaning hard drives, de-fragging, deleting unnecessary programs, and installing a new version of QuickBooks on the company’s eight computers. Why is it that computers are so vital and wonderful, but are so damn frustrating to work on when there is a glitch of any kind? Today, I made one simple “click” error, and cost myself another six hours in computer gobbly-goop. I have to just laugh and go on though. I swear I feel like it’s like science and I could be “Bill Nye the IT guy”. It always takes computer rookies like me longer than the average bear to accomplish the inevitable, but it’s a nice feeling at the grueling end to know that I did it, and did it well. After letting a couple of problem people go, I’m unbelievably swamped, but everyone in the company is so much happier and all are working like little bees to make our company productive and fun again.

The person we put in charge of the shop is doing amazing things around the garage. I’ve thought for years that this was the person that needed to be in that position, and it’s unfolding nicely. I have a new person starting for me in the office Monday. I’ve known this person for over 10 years and know the work ethic there. A fair amount of training will have to take place, but I know with the support group I have, and this person’s desire to excel combined with a wonderfully professional and happy personality, it will be a good mix in the end. My other office personnel have really stepped up lately making it once again a pleasure to come to work (even if my head barely sticks up over the pile of shit on my desk). It is a real joy to see good work and honest dedicated effort and see smiles throughout the day too.

You know that feeling when you can’t wait for 6 months to go by because you can finally see light at the end of the tunnel, and the light is no longer the train…I think I’m getting there. YEAH! I’m looking forward to a much more productive quarter April through June.

0 comments: