Home Page

Powered By

Layout Design:
Blogs Gone Wild!

Powered by Blogger

From country to city, From farm to fireworks…Through marriage & children, Through employment & ownership, Life continues to be an amazing journey…

Tuesday, July 25

Your Cell Phone = Your Spirituality


Video Hosting - Upload Video - Video Sharing


I consider myself a Christian. Back in the day, I attended a Southern Baptist Church twice on Sunday and again every Wednesday night. I played the piano at church, and sang in the choir when possible. I have taught Sunday School, Vacation Bible School, and have run the gambit of religious practice.

I miss those days, they are years gone by. My life today and the twenty years in between have led me away from regular attendance. However, I have never lost the belief. I never did, nor do I today consider myself to be a “bible thumper” or a religious fanatic. My career and life choices have made circumstances to where I do not attend a formal gathering every Sunday, but now… I choose my beliefs personal, and I do practice harder today to be a good person than I did then. I have learned through many years that a true believer is within the way you try to live. It’s about how you decide to treat others, and how you deal with business and personal life day to day. The right road is not always the easiest, but it is the most comfortable and the most just way to exist. I call it today my “ground wire”. Without a ground wire, no electronic device or motorized object will operate properly, and I must daily reach to check my ground wire to keep me centered.

I received an e-mail today that I did not delete. I must admit, I am so busy and do so much business with e-mail, and also try to keep up with friends when I can, that I delete a HUGE amount of e-mail before I even read it. If something doesn’t grab my eye within a sentence or two, it’s in the trash bin. Even being a believer and spiritual person, I really get tired of all the sweet, mushy, bible thumper e-mails that go around that I “must” forward to a million people, or it means I don’t believe… PLEASE.

However, for some reason today, this one caught my eye, and I read it and decided it’s something worth printing. I want for everyone to have a “ground wire”. I want everyone to get it that without a strong belief in good versus evil, one cannot successfully or happily exist. I am going to print this as it was sent to me, but I think for those who do not like the “Bible” word… simply substitute spirituality where it should be, and I will put it in parenthesis to remind you. Enjoy and ponder the possibility.

“I Wonder What Would Happen If We Treated Our Bible (Spirituality) Like We Treat Our Cell Phones?

What if we carried it (our spirituality) around in our purses or pockets?

What if we turned back to get it (our spirituality) if we forgot it?

What if we flipped through it (our spirituality) several times a day?

What if we used it (our spirituality) to receive messages from the text?

What if we treated it (our spirituality) like we couldn't live without it?

What if we gave it (our spirituality) to kids as gifts?

What if we used it (our spirituality) as we traveled?

What if we used it (our spirituality) in case of an emergency?

What if we upgraded it (our spirituality) to get the latest version?

This is something to make you go...hmmm...where is my Bible (spirituality)?

Oh, and one more thing. Unlike our cell phone, we don’t ever have to worry about our bible (our spirituality) being disconnected, because Jesus already paid the bill !!


This hit really close to home for me. I try when I can, and I try to convey my thoughts to my husband and my life partner that usually doesn’t want to discuss such matters while there are so many “important” things to get through…but…without this simple practice, the REALLY important things will get FUBAR’D. Just a thought, but if we would all treat the “ground wire” as such an important thing, we might grab the spirituality as quickly as we would grab a cell phone, or an attitude…or a WAR. Food for thought.

0 comments: