Home Page

Powered By

Layout Design:
Blogs Gone Wild!

Powered by Blogger

From country to city, From farm to fireworks…Through marriage & children, Through employment & ownership, Life continues to be an amazing journey…

Thursday, March 8

Thursday Thirteen #2


Thirteen Things about Malinda
Daylight savings time comes back this weekend...YEAH!!! Every year when this time comes, I have that "moment" of rejuvination that makes me want to accomplish a lot. It usually goes away quickly...but here are thirteen things I really need to do with the onset of spring... Wish me luck, this may be my post next spring as well :) Damn the procrastination!



1. I need to clean out my clothes closets and GET RID of that tired old stuff that's "too good" to throw away, but I will never wear again because it's "not good enough" to wear any more.

2. I must organize the office in my home that looks like Hurricane Katrina stopped by and blew through.

3. I must go through endless boxes of files and shred the crap that no one will ever want to see anyway and I don't know why I keep it.

4. I have a dying old PC in my office that's been neglected for the laptop I can sit on the couch with. I have it running just for the simple reason to "connect" our wireless network together. I must go through it and debug it, get all the files I want off of it, and give it some much needed TLC and peace.

5. Oh, the horrid "tupperware" cabinet and pots & pans cabinet. I need to park my lazy ass on the kitchen floor and go through it all and organize the stuff so that when I open the door, at least something doesn't fall out on my head or in my lap. (We went on a vacation once for a week and my Mother-In-Law stayed with our son...when I came home, she had done all that...DAMN, I couldn't talk her into moving in)

6. I must purge all my files at my office for 2006. Buy new folders, build boxes, and get it all stored away.

7. I need to go through all my e-mail addresses and phone numbers (many on scraps of paper in a drawer) and see who's still around and who has changed, and make a better attempt at keeping in touch.

8. Husband & I need to spend an entire weekend at least and go through tons of boxes in our garage. If we haven't looked through it in the 7 years we've lived there...we probably don't need it. We might be better served to just burn the garage down :)

9. I need to get outdoors more. With the onset of spring, I need to take my new camera out and get photos of the beauty around me. The exercise wouldn't hurt me either :)

10. I need to go through all the dead drawers and under-counter space in our bathroom. Why do we save tiny bottles of shampoo and boxes of every kind of OTC medication known to mankind for years on end? I could heal and beautify a small third world country I'm sure with all the "goodies" stored that I never look at :)

11. I need to drag every photo I have stored on about 4 computers together and organize some kind of real photo album....put the photos on CD's and actually give each of the hundreds of them a better title than POOO3497.jpg

12. After I've accomplished these things (NOT...) I need to reward myself with a dozen stiff cocktails and just walk around the house smiling :)

13. I NEED TO GET THIS BLOG FIXED!!! My design girl is very busy and hasn't returned my e-mail yet, but I'm still working on it! Thanks for being patient with this crappy design, and stay tuned for a better look :)

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!






Digg!

0 comments: