Home Page

Powered By

Layout Design:
Blogs Gone Wild!

Powered by Blogger

From country to city, From farm to fireworks…Through marriage & children, Through employment & ownership, Life continues to be an amazing journey…

Thursday, April 12

Texas Bluebonnets - I'm Homesick


OK…it’s official…I’m HOMESICK. My wonderful (one of them) sister called me yesterday to be, in her words, “a bit sappy.” She told me that she has to drive through a bit of Texas countryside on her way home each evening…and this particular evening traffic must have been a bit slower than normal. As she drove along and was admiring the beauty of the great Texas state flowers (Bluebonnets) that grow wild along the roadways…she told me she thought to herself, “Wow…Malinda would sure love to see this!” She picked up her cell phone and called. Now…THAT’S EXACTLY what AT&T had in mind when their famous commercial catch phrase was, “Reach Out and Touch Someone”. I really appreciated that call.

She’s absolutely right. I miss the beautiful Texas countryside in spring. I will be going home in November for her wedding, I cannot wait…it’s been several years. I told her when she called that if she was going to call and tell me about it, she should send me a photo so I could share the moment with her. Who knew that my little sister was such an avid photographer? I couldn’t help but share the beauty with all of you…Sisters are wonderful :)




0 comments: