Home Page

Powered By

Layout Design:
Blogs Gone Wild!

Powered by Blogger

From country to city, From farm to fireworks…Through marriage & children, Through employment & ownership, Life continues to be an amazing journey…

Tuesday, January 27

Friends You Don't Shoot


I think we've all heard the old saying about how folks come into your life for a reason, season, or a lifetime. Well...it's the lifetime friends you don't shoot :) Sometimes, you've only known these folks for a few years...but you know...they'll be there a lifetime, thus protected from any bullets :)

These lifetime friends have a fade to them in your mind's eye...because they fade somehow from the friendship category into the family category and you hardly noticed the transition whenever that happened. These friends are protected from bullets because you love them so much, they are the ONLY people allowed to give you huge shit and live through it.

Who says nobody is spending money? Who says the economy is flatter than a pancake? Conservatives spend money; in fact...they waste good money in order to tell those they love so much just how special they are :)

We went to dinner tonight with our friend Ray. Now Ray is a few years older than I (had to throw that in..."Pops"), but age between lifetime friends doesn't matter. He's really a better friend to my husband, that's how we met. We don't see Ray often, but keep in touch with electronics and technology. Imagine my surprise though tonight at dinner when Ray presented me with a beautiful little present...one of those kind that makes a woman giggle...you know the perfect sized little box :) JEWELERY!!!

Well, I opened my little special box (nice gold box with sparkly engraving that said "Plumb Gold Piercing Pagoda" on it) that was wrapped so perfectly. Inside was bright tissue paper folded around something small and wonderful :) I began to open my present in front of all...(remember Ray & I are lifetime friends now...we are like minded and see eye to eye on everything...he and my husband too)...

With held breath I open my gift...and what is inside? OH...NO...HELL NO...yep...it was this...



Somehow in a nice restaurant, only this one word could slip from my tongue... "Fucker!"... followed by many laughs and more great conversation. Only a true Conservative could get away with giving another fellow Conservative this special gift and not get shot :) Love ya Ray!

0 comments: