Home Page

Powered By

Layout Design:
Blogs Gone Wild!

Powered by Blogger

From country to city, From farm to fireworks…Through marriage & children, Through employment & ownership, Life continues to be an amazing journey…

Sunday, February 22

Texas Roadhouse - Reno



It's no secret I'm proud to have been raised a Texan :) I don't get the opportunity often to feel Texas here in Nevada even though Nevada is much like my great home State of Texas :) At the Texas Roadhouse, they fly proudly the American Flag...but the Great Lone Star Flag flies proudly atop the restaurant too :) (See video below!)

We ate at the Texas Roadhouse today for lunch in the Damonte Ranch area. It's been around a little while, but is fairly new to this area. I thought it was awesome, the food was good, and the service was impeccable! All of the staff were hospitable, informative, and gracious. Jackie & Beto our servers were OUTSTANDING! Give 'em a raise guys :)

If any of you have ever eaten at a Logan's Roadhouse...Texas Roadhouse seemed to be it's clone although no one we asked had ever heard of Logan's :) I have to give credit where credit is due, and I think Logan's both in Redding, CA, and in Midland/Odessa TX have just a slight hand up on food...I still give our local Texas Roadhouse a thumbs up :)

The "blooming onion" was great (make sure you order the small one:). Hubby had a Steakhouse Burger and he loved it. The bread (rolls) that they bake every 5 minutes was outstanding...but Logan's famous rolls have 'em beat by a tad :) The bread though was HOT and the butter with a hint of sugar and cinnamon was grand. It's RARE in Reno to get really HOT bread :)

I had the "Road Kill" which was a sirloin burger grilled with sauteed onions & mushrooms, and I picked green beans & sweet potato for sides...both awesome. It was really good, I'd have it again in a minute...but locally...that same grilled sirloin dish at either of the Moxie's restaurants does a little better :)

We'll be returning guests for sure at Texas Roadhouse. The ambiance was fun, lively, and the food really was very good. It's a great place to take guests or business clients, and despite the fact that I mentioned other venues that I thought were better...I want to take no fate away from Texas Roadhouse. I enjoyed my time there and we will be repeat guests for SURE!

You HAVE to check out this few second video! I was SO HAPPY to see a flying Texas flag...I had to take video :) The wind was blowing SO HARD today I could barely stand to take the video :) It appears there is a "roller coaster" type scream at the end of the video...but it's NOT! That was literally a "wind scream" in my Canon G7 camera on video mode :)


0 comments: