Home Page

Powered By

Layout Design:
Blogs Gone Wild!

Powered by Blogger

From country to city, From farm to fireworks…Through marriage & children, Through employment & ownership, Life continues to be an amazing journey…

Sunday, April 2

Little Brown LEGO Church In The Wildwood

I don’t know about all of you, but even as a girl, I had the pleasure of playing with legos with the neighborhood boys growing up. On my quaint cotton farm, lego toys were not something we could afford, and even if we could, it wasn’t “a girls toy”, so my pleasures with them came few and far between.

However, when I was blessed by God to become the mother of two wonderful boys later in life…I made sure they had a massive collection of legos in every shape and size. I had so much fun over the years when my sons were little boys playing with them creating new and amazing lego creations. My oh my the fun crazy stuff we built over the years with those simple little plastic pieces. And yes, I sucked a few into the vacuum cleaner, probably had a few heel spurs stepping on them in the middle of the night, and had to watch little brother when he was very small to prevent the horrible choking hazard of them while older brother was six years older, but to this day… I believe LEGO blocks are one of the coolest toys on the face of the planet.

I STILL HAVE A POPCORN CAN FULL OF THEM NOW WAITING ON GRANDCHILDREN. So when I was e-mailed this snippet about a LEGO church, I was drawn to it with wide eyes. My sons and I built many cool forts, and houses over the years. We built race tracks, horse corrals, flower gardens, golf courses, space ships, and many many things, but I must admit…we never built anything like this, even though we accomplished a country church on occasion. I have no basis to know if all these facts are true… but I think this is the coolest LEGO project I have ever seen. Just the photos brought back wonderful memories for me with the kids. The facts presented about this church I have titled “Little Brown LEGO Church In The Wildwood”, are given below the photos. Enjoy…I hope it brings back memories for you too, or if your children are still small, something to shoot for :)



Video Sharing at DropShots.com




Video Sharing at DropShots.com




Video Sharing at DropShots.com




Video Sharing at DropShots.com





A few quick facts:How long to build it? - It was about a year and a half of planning, building and photographing.

How many pieces of LEGO to build it? - more than 75,000

How big is it? - About 7 feet by 5 1/2 feet by 30 inches (2.2 m x 1.7 m x .76 m)

How many lego people does it seat? - 1372

How many windows? - 3976

It features a balcony, stairs to the balcony, restrooms, coat rooms, several mosaics, a nave, a baptistry, an altar, a crucifix, a pulpit and an elaborate pipe organ. WOW

0 comments: