Home Page

Powered By

Layout Design:
Blogs Gone Wild!

Powered by Blogger

From country to city, From farm to fireworks…Through marriage & children, Through employment & ownership, Life continues to be an amazing journey…

Sunday, November 26

Hope Your Thanksgiving Was Wonderful



I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Boy, last week was so hectic for me I slipped out of the blogesphere for a few days. A few of you commented or e-mailed me to see if I was OK, or if the turkey ate me. I assure you, I ate the turkey, but the whole week prior to that just about ate me :)

I have been so busy with the businesses, and looking for a new location for the growing original business that I’ve had to let the blog suffer a bit. We had our son’s football banquet last week, (as soon as I get photos you know there will be a post about it all), I had many meetings, and the big feast to prepare for. Glad to say I’m back and ready to rant some more :)

I surely appreciate all the reader e-mail, and your continued support of this blog. The stories and rumblings should be more regular again (until I probably drop out a few days around Christmas). My favorite things this Thanksgiving...

  • I had both my sons at home ALL DAY.
  • Our menu...Turkey (cooked in a paper sack), CORNBREAD dressing, gravy, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, fruit salad, pea salad, carrot salad, deviled eggs, potato salad, munchie tray with meat, veggies, dip, crackers, etc., Chex Mix, pumpkin pie, pumpkin cheesecake, apple pie, and banana pudding
  • The joy of shopping hectic crazy Wed. night, cooking till midnight, and cooking all day till 6pm dinner.
  • My sons both helping in the kitchen and the laughter we share each year as each son picks a "domestic duty".
  • My youngest son 17 asking my 23 yr. old son if he felt "gay" yet while arranging a cheese tray and crumbling cornbread.
  • My two WONDERFUL "girl-friend-in-laws" (my sons aren't married yet) being over and adding their own new and special touches to our feast, along with visiting with them.
  • The BEAUTIFUL flowers that #1 son's girlfriend brought me (I LOVE flowers that are unexpected and for no special reason...the only ones I accept)
  • New friends that joined our home and added new and special memories.
  • How 'Bout Them Cowboys...GREAT FOOTBALL DAY
  • Lots of cocktails, and the ability to stay AWAY from them until dinner was prepared :)
  • Laughter, new memories, and the incredible love I have for my family.
  • Knowing I get to do it all again next year...can't wait...Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday

0 comments: