Home Page

Powered By

Layout Design:
Blogs Gone Wild!

Powered by Blogger

From country to city, From farm to fireworks…Through marriage & children, Through employment & ownership, Life continues to be an amazing journey…

Friday, January 19

Congratulations Quaid Sterling


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos



CONGRATULATIONS SON!

Yesterday was a very proud day in our household, and yet another small moment for Mom’s “eye to leak”. It was a perfect Kodak moment like you’ve seen on TV before and as usual…I didn’t have the “Kodak” out.

After work, I beat the husband home by only a few minutes. My youngest son Quaid was already home, and his girlfriend was over. We were visiting in the kitchen as within a few more minutes like with every day…husband comes strolling in with the day’s mail. He joins in our benign conversations as he doles out the daily mail to each recipient accordingly. He nonchalantly hands my son Quaid his envelope, and as with a typical teenager…he doesn’t even really look at the envelope, he just turns it over to open it up as we all continue gabbing.

A strange silence comes over him as he reads the words on the page. I noticed that he had stopped talking, and we look over at him and ask, “Son…is everything OK? Who is that letter from?” With a priceless look of some shock and some pride, he just silently handed me the page in his hand. With just a bit of trepidation, I took it and began to read…

“Congratulations Quaid on your acceptance and admission to the University of Nevada Reno…blah blah blah…we look forward to having you on campus in the fall…” Being the sappy mother I am, and not really expecting this type of letter when he handed it to me…my silly eyes watered up again as I managed to squeak out a voice broken “Congratulations Son!, you’re making Mom’s eye leak again”. My husband immediately took the letter from my hand and read for himself.

It was a really touching “man’s moment” as I watched my husband stretch out his hand and shake Quaid’s hand in congratulations and then give him a big hug as he said, “I’m proud of you son.” Thank goodness he added some humor to break up Mom’s little over-emotional moment as he said…”Just think honey… it looks like someday we will get put in a good home after all.”


Good for Quaid. We are all proud and excited. Boy, those little moments that literally only come once in a lifetime, and how precious they are. Good luck to all our local college freshmen next fall.




Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos



Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


0 comments: