Home Page

Powered By

Layout Design:
Blogs Gone Wild!

Powered by Blogger

From country to city, From farm to fireworks…Through marriage & children, Through employment & ownership, Life continues to be an amazing journey…

Wednesday, February 14

My Happy Valentine's Day

HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY EVERYONE…I am loved today…so are you :)

I’m such a lucky girl! I am blessed to have three wonderful men in my life, and they each gave me their own little touch of love today. I left for work this morning to find a little surprise waiting for me in the door handle of my SUV; a beautiful long stemmed rose with a special note from my youngest son Quaid.


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos



I opened the door to get in my car, and Quaid had also left Mom a little bag of treats on the front seat. It’s funny how the smallest things can warm your heart and make you giggle. For as many years as I can remember with both my kids…I’ve always stolen Smarties candy from them. I used to tickle them when they were small and rob their trick or treat bags of all available Smarties. When they grew older, it just became a family joke that any time there was a “candy” occasion at school, or at Halloween, they automatically came home and gave me the Smarties. It gave me a warm chuckle to get a whole bag of them on the seat of my car today.


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos



When I arrived at work, my son Clayton had my desk arranged with his little burst of love. I had a bag of Hershey’s kisses with almonds (yum yum), and a beautiful little wooden box with hearts and love on it filled with more goodies and a Happy Valentine’s Day balloon on it. I just love little knick knacks like this, and as all you mothers out there know…when it comes to a gift from one of your babies…this little red box will live safely perched somewhere visible in my home for the rest of my life.


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos



Sitting on my desk next to my son’s gift was a brand new special delivered Vermont Teddy Bear from my husband Kevin. I eagerly opened him to see which of the several hundred bears was to be mine. Since I’m from Texas, my husband graciously sent a new cowboy into my life. He is too cute with silk heart boxers, a bandana around his neck, a cowboy hat on his little furry head, and rompin’ stompin’ boots on his feet. He will live happily ever after with the other small collection of bears that have come to live with me over the years. If you’ve never received a Vermont Teddy Bear…half the fun is the box it comes in. This company cracks me up…there’s all kinds of crazy nutty stuff printed on the inside of the box. Great marketing scheme, and inexpensive for the corporation too I’ll bet.


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos



I cannot stop with my Valentine’s Day tales…I also had too much fun watching my boys get spoiled by their significant other wonderful ladies. I got home very late last night, so my guys were already in bed. Quaid’s girlfriend had already snuck over to the house to proclaim her Valentine admiration for him so that he would awake to something special. I had to grab the camera and go out into the street and snap the photos. Aahhh, young love! These are the moments that make me miss high school and that once in a lifetime joy of youth (of course…it’s not until you’re older that you realize how wonderful youth truly was :) )


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos




Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos




Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos



Clayton’s girlfriend left him a special surprise on his desk that she created and made herself. He has an affinity for blow pops (I never knew that and I’m his Mom) she says… so she created the blow pop bouquet and painted the pot, complete with the cute phrase, “I’m a sucker 4 U”. Everybody here is having a lovely “love day”, and hope that all of you are too.


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos



And…to the bitch I heard on the radio complaining about only getting 6 roses, and how dare her husband do such a thing on Valentine’s Day (as she was swearing to get even on his birthday by intending to give him half a pair of shoes)…I hope your six roses wilt and die and you prick all your fingers with the thorns. To everyone else…hugs and kisses!

0 comments: