Home Page

Powered By

Layout Design:
Blogs Gone Wild!

Powered by Blogger

From country to city, From farm to fireworks…Through marriage & children, Through employment & ownership, Life continues to be an amazing journey…

Thursday, April 26

First Vinyl Meme - From Big White Hat

Must be the meme time of spring. One of my favorite bloggers, BIG WHITE HAT, asked me to play along with his First Vinyl Meme. Of course I’m happy to oblige. First Vinyl Meme: Post a picture of the album cover of the first vinyl you ever owned – and tell a bit about it…

JONI MITCHELL - BLUE

Oh the memories. I didn’t actually purchase my first vinyl…my first album was a gift. I couldn’t have been but about 10-12 years old. My crazy hippie aunt from California (I LOVED her…God rest her soul)…came to Texas for one of her RARE visits. She and I favored each other in looks, and as strange as she could be…I thought she was one of the coolest people I’d ever met. She presented me with my first album like it was a right of passage to own one (I thought it was…I’d never had one before). I was so proud of that album. We were so dirt poor…I didn’t even have a record player, but my folks had one of those console black and white TV’s with the record player in one side that covered just about one whole wall. On the top always sat some family made crocheted doilies with some knick knack on them, and of course the huge leather bound family King James Bible.

I had to find quiet time away from the folks to ever use the record player, because Joni Mitchell was “Rock N Roll”…and Lord forbid I allow it to warp my mind. (If any of you are familiar with the album, it’s easy listening folk music style). I would sit on the floor and listen to the album for hours. Thanks BWH for the invite, this was a pleasurable memory to share…and THANK YOU AUNT JOANNE…May you be singing with the angels tonight!

PLEASE JOIN IN - Post your first vinyl and link back here!

0 comments: