Home Page

Powered By

Layout Design:
Blogs Gone Wild!

Powered by Blogger

From country to city, From farm to fireworks…Through marriage & children, Through employment & ownership, Life continues to be an amazing journey…

Wednesday, May 9

Why I Blog

I got tagged by Sunni Kay to list five reasons why I blog… I am to tag five others at the end :)

  1. 1. As with a lot of really cool things I find out about, my little brother turned me on to blogging. I’d never heard about it, didn’t know what it was, but grew to love it after he originally showed me how.
  2. 2. I do seem to have an opinion on just about everything. However, I don’t mind other opinions as long as they are tasteful and well explained. The ability to view several opinions and make a decision ourselves is what made this country great in the first place. Blogging allows me to speak my opinion, and reading others’ blogs allows me to see how the “rest of the neighborhood” thinks.
  3. 3. I like to write. I’m not sure I’m particularly good at it, and don’t think I’d ever be able to pen an entire novel and make several hundred pages meld together, but a few paragraphs at a time I enjoy. And hey…at least a few people read my musings.
  4. 4. Intellectual stimulation. I’m a bored and restless type, and need mental exercise to enjoy the day. My husband won’t sit and listen to me babble on and on about whatever, but my blog never argues. I love computers. Typing thoughts into written script, and blogging allows me to ramble incessantly about whatever pops into my head. The HTML code and changing design of the site itself allows me, the novice, to play web designer and pretend I have a major cool website :)
  5. 5. The hope that somehow it all makes a difference. A blog allows for a global audience, and also a small community audience. If one thing I share that’s funny makes someone else laugh, it’s good. If I share a story, whether tragedy or triumph, and one person was touched, I’ve done a good thing. If what I write makes others think, even for a moment, about making changes that would better our nation…I’ve succeeded. Very few pop into my little corner of the blog world. I blog because I like to (if it were based on the number of comments I receive…I’d have given up long ago), but I hope with each post that someone out there will laugh, think, cry, or be happier that day just because they stopped by.

The following five are blogs I read regularly…of many dozen favorites I have bookmarked. If they happen to stop by and see this, and agree to be tagged... I’d love to read the answers…

364 Days

Big White Hat

Mayden’s Voyage

EDog’s Everything Page

Aunty Belle’s Front Porch (Her Back Porch is FUN too)

0 comments: