Home Page

Powered By

Layout Design:
Blogs Gone Wild!

Powered by Blogger

From country to city, From farm to fireworks…Through marriage & children, Through employment & ownership, Life continues to be an amazing journey…

Tuesday, February 19

Brianna Dennison Song - Brianna Denison Song


Another sun sets tonight on Reno, NV. I saw both my sons today, and in general pleasantries and conversations, we just can’t help it, Brianna Denison (Dennison) still comes up. I have done several posts on her, and I continue to (parentheses) her name…Dennison or Denison. Her correct name is Denison, however I’ve received many e-mails on her information or the lack thereof, and they all spell it Dennison. People want to know more about her and her case, and ask me why they can’t find it. More people Google this case with the spelling of Dennison than Denison, therefore, I will continue to mis-spell her name as to give those that want to care the appropriate opportunity.


A new thing, a song, has surfaced. I normally appreciate the fact that paparazzi type publicity is more detrimental than helpful, but in the e-mails and voiced opinions I hear, people are genuinely saddened and genuinely more astute with this tragedy in our city. Even one of my sons thinks that we should not all talk about her so much and let the family not have to hear it all. Well…Not only has Bri been needlessly murdered, senses are being raised about a lot of other people in our city that are missing, dead, or sadly not recognized. As horrific as it is to mention these things in the open wound of Brianna’s family, it is important for them to know that in the wretched grief they feel, that so many others are feeling their same grief, and also healing with the availability of the accepted feeling of city wide grief we all feel for Bri, but also grief felt for so many others who have suffered lately in our community. People are finding, and feeling their own grief in her story, and they are healing in her beauty and the love that all feel for her.


Brianna was a story brought to the headlines when so many in her situation aren’t. However, her publicity has drawn real and true feelings from each person that resides in a community of 500,000 people. We feel it for real because we live here. But so many others feel it for real and they live merely in this globe. I’m a nobody, and I’ve had over 2000 hits to my blog in just three days. I normally have about 80 hits per day. People REALLY care about Brianna and others that find her fate.


As a parent, I can’t even imagine this horror. As a mother, I’ve watched my sons grow up together and now they are 24 and 18. Brianna was 19, and knew people that my youngest son knows. He lives at the University and across the way from where she was abducted. I know how my guys, my sons, “the brothers” are together. They are solid; they love beyond explanation for each other.


Brianna’s younger brother Brighton wrote a song for Brianna titled “Not Time To Say Goodbye”. He collaborated with a friend Danielle DeTomaso. I cannot verify this for solid fact, but I could have sworn on tonight’s news, that it was reported that the local band Soul Jibe was also a part of this collaboration. Well, my eldest son has often turned me on to a song or two that they wrote; they are an icon of Reno. It’s an amazing song, and it was written and published very recently, but before Bri was found dead. It was a song of hope, but even after, it’s still a song that shows the love that a brother had for a sister, and the song will be true and apropos from here to eternity, as somehow, no matter whether dead or alive, the song just speaks for itself and his love and all of our love for Brianna…even those of us who never knew her but just live in her city. I cannot even fathom the pain a young man who’s a musician must endure to write and publish a song for his missing sister. Sometimes our youth centers me and brings me to know that as our generations grow, we will all be OK.


However, the story doesn’t end here. I was trying to find an actual VIDEO of this song. I could only find a LINK in which you can hear this song. If you missed the link above CLICK HERE to hear Brighton’s song for Brianna. (How ironic that a brother writing a song for a beautiful sister in doom is named BRIGHTon). Karma is beautiful; Bri and Bright are forever joined in Beauty. However, in my search, I stumbled upon some other really touching videos or links.


Some Person posted THIS VIDEO that wasn’t great in music quality, but the song was an OLD song from my day that remembered, but it was the photos really touched my heart. This video is really about the photos, as I don't understand why he chose "Baby, Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me" for the music, as WE ARE ALL HOOKED ON Brianna. "I'll just use you and set you free" is a main lyric of that song... and he had himself in a karaoke stance at the lower right hand corner of the screen...but we all feel her as we do, and I won't try to judge. It might have a personal meaning between them, I don't know the players...










THIS VIDEO LINK CLICK HERE was posted on an unlikely blog, but the young person that owns this blog lives far away and THIS POST just proves that no matter who we are, we all love each other. I tried to post the most touching video tribute to Brianna of all that I found, but Train, the band that owns it doesn’t allow embedding. It’s titled “Calling All Angels”. If you don’t click the link, the lyrics are below… And to those still searching for missing Reno resident Doug Henry, this song is for him too...


Train

Calling All Angels"

I need a sign to let me know you're here
All of these lines are being crossed over the atmosphere
I need to know that things are gonna look up
'Cause I feel us drowning in a sea spilled from a cup

When there is no place safe and no safe place to put my head
When you feel the world shake from the words that are said

[Chorus:]
And I'm calling all angels
I'm calling all you angels

I won't give up if you don't give up

I need a sign to let me know you're here
'Cause my TV set just keeps it all from being clear
I want a reason for the way things have to be
I need a hand to help build up some kind of hope inside of me

When children have to play inside so they don't disappear
While private eyes solve marriage lies cause we don't talk for years
And football teams are kissing Queens
and losing sight of having dreams
In a world that what we want is only what we want until it's ours

[Chorus:]


I don’t intend to keep on and on with this story, but until the monster that killed her is caught, and until Reno has some peace and healing time with all of our young or old fallen of late (read some past posts to catch up), these things keep on my mind. Music is a great healer, and music with photos is even better. To Brianna’s family, our whole hearts are with you daily, and be patient and also someday cheerful with all of us that also heal old wounds through trying to heal with you and the loss of Bri.

0 comments: