Home Page

Powered By

Layout Design:
Blogs Gone Wild!

Powered by Blogger

From country to city, From farm to fireworks…Through marriage & children, Through employment & ownership, Life continues to be an amazing journey…

Thursday, February 14

Media Kills USA

SPIN…BAD MEDIA…IT RUNS THE COUNTRY!...DID I MENTION BEWARE OF SPIN?


OK readers, this one is a rant for the soap box. Settle in and read, or bookmark this story for another day when you have more time. I’ve been well aware for a LONG time that our MEDIA IS RUNNING THIS NATION, I warn people, but today, some abstract things happened that REALLY LED ME TO UNDERSTAND IT more fully.


I listen to news stories each day, and I “get” the way one political party or another might SPIN something that will lead some of us to lean one way or another. Usually, I write it off to true SPIN, but that’s because I read, study, stay involved, and pay attention and can catch the “spin” because I actually know the facts. What about the people that ONLY READ HEADLINES? What about the people that are only meandering about their normal day, not LOOKING at video, but only HEAR what’s being broadcast? How can you know that what you HEAR or SEE is true?


Today, as I was catching up on e-mail, it was BAD me that realized that I take care of business e-mail, reader e-mail, run of the mill e-mail, sometimes more quickly than I take care of my own family’s e-mail. Granted, due to subject matter, any family e-mail that is dire, I would get immediately. However, sometimes my family members send me funny stuff, forwarded jokes, etc. that I just put aside until I have time to really sit and read it, and then enjoy it more fully. So went my experience today that turned out funny at first, and then when I took the joke one step further I realized that our technological age, and our e-mail, “funny” generation, IS NOT SO FUNNY ANYMORE! Crap that shows up on video is hallucinogenic bullshit that a lot of people just might take seriously!


Now what I’m about to show you on video is truly harmless, (I guess), but how different is it really than what we could see on the news, or read in print taken out of context, that was MADE TO MAKE US BELIEVE that it was true!!!??? Be VERY WARY of what you HEAR, OR SEE, that you don’t KNOW FOR SURE IS TRUE! Be very altruistic of what anyone you don’t know tells you to be true. And by all means, if it’s only a quick second video or audio clip, make it a rule for yourself to need more information to make a judgment.


AND FOR GOD’S SAKE……DON’T GOOGLE YOUR NAME ON YOU TUBE!!!


My brother Pasco is an amazing man, and I cherish my relationship with him as I do my own breath and life. He is a funny guy though, and has had a career in the public eye as a DJ, radio host, closed caption artist, etc. He has both the gift of an explained sense of humor, and sometimes a dry sense of humor. I never know if he’ll send me something serious and drawn out with facts, detail, and explanation, or if he might be in a hurry and just “click” and send me something hilarious. I never know until I READ the story, or take the time to WATCH a video that he might send whether it’s serious and factual, or humorous and lighthearted. He sometimes puts something in the “subject line” of an e-mail that leads me to think serious, and then at other times, the “subject line” is humorous, and the content ends up serious. That’s the beauty of his nature; he keeps me on my toes, and keeps me in love with him and his wondrous mind. It also allows a brother to protect his sister sometimes when something serious within the family needs to be said. God love him :)


HOWEVER, when he’s funny, I KNOW IT’S GOING TO BE FUNNY! We, in our family, have some unique names. It’s not uncommon for our names to be misspelled, shortened to nicknames that we never adopted, or the such. However, within our family, my brother’s name Pasco, and my name Malinda, BOTH have very specific meanings, and very specific reasons and stories for which they came about. It’s personal to both of us and cherished by us both. But, we’re both used to people misspelling them.


Pasco sent me a funny e-mail telling me that SOMEBODY FINALLY spelled his name correctly, but due to content, he might have to move from his community, (A JOKE OF COURSE)… I viewed the You Tube video, and laughed. I KNEW THE ONLY WAY he probably ever found that video was that he might have Googled his name on You Tube…and searched through the results. Now, I KNOW MY BROTHER IS NOT GAY, but even if he were, he wouldn’t be gay with a FISH!









Not wanting to be outdone on a joke by my brother, I went to You Tube and Googled my name Malinda to find a video representing my name that would be more funny between us. Now, everyone almost ALWAYS spells the name Malinda as Melinda. So, I didn’t think it would be hard to find just a few videos, and find something funny with the correct spelling of MAlinda. Well, the first few in the search results were of an accomplished singer, and music videos. But, I didn’t EVEN HAVE TO GO MORE THAN ONE PAGE TO FIND THIS!!! BOY did this attempt at being funny bite me in the butt! It’s funny in the sense that my brother WON, at least he’s Pasco on a bad video and NOT Malinda! I didn’t even e-mail him back, it all led me to this post, and he’ll find it, and forever on, he’ll be the gay guy humping a gold fish at the family reunion, but at least he won’t be the guy holding a gun and a rose stalking innocent children!


I found a video titled “Malinda Wakes Up”; now that seems cute and not so bad…IT’S HIDEOUS! IT LEADS ONE TO WANT TO CALL THE POLICE! I am NOT THE SORT OF QUEER THAT EATS KITTENS!...AND I DON’T MEAN QUEER IN THE GAY SENSE…THIS GUY IS A FREAKING PERVERT!…IS MALINDA HIM OR THE KITTEN? I COULDN’T BELIEVE SOMEONE FOUND THIS TO BE ART! THIS GUY NEEDS TO BE FOUND AND BE ARRESTED!









However, I do believe in FREE speech, just be very damn careful about which portions of free speech you deem to be true.


When does BAD free speech become something worthy of prison, or yet worse, a death penalty if horrific enough? My father that raised me taught me that "Where my nose begins, your freedom ends!" My Daddy would have kicked this guy's ENTIRE ASS! When is it again going to be OK to kick butt, WITHOUT GOVERNMENT FUNDING, just because it's the right thing to do, and WITHOUT REPERCUSSION OF A LAWSUIT!


What if we were running for office, even the Presidency? Is there a video of a Hillary eating kittens? Does Barack Obama have a gay goat somewhere? What if John McCain dresses up at night in a shorty Moo Moo and eats Cheerios? Could it be true? Who would believe it? Could the preacher named Mike Huckabee stalk children and find roses and guns appropriate? How much of what we see on TV is actually factual? What happens when they Google their names on video?



Don’t believe too much of the short videos of people that you see to be true, or is it true? Do weird people make videos of themselves that portray their true selves, or are videos truly SPIN? I post videos all the time, but these two videos found abstractly due to a joke between brother and sister over a name made me think. I will continue to post videos of those political that are actually speaking in their own body and mind, but possibly ads are fabricated or placated, to soothe or modify the perceptions of others.


To my brother, sorry this led to a rant! I did laugh at your e-mail. I promise I won’t tell our mother Dee that you are secretly cheating on your wife of 15 years and your two sons to make a little slime love with the goldfish. Don’t worry either that I wrote this story; no one here will tell anyone. Only about 150 people per day stop in here. No one will know. Also, PLEASSSSEEEE don’t tell Dad that I eat kittens and consult a Ouija board upon waking in a morning, and I DON’T DRINK BLEACH!!! If the world knew that the sister of a man that might run for a city council position in Bedford, TX did these kinds of things, you’ll never get the support you deserve!

0 comments: